At Leadership Greenville Class 45’s final class day, Carlos Phillips wrapped up the session sharing his Top 10 pearls of wisdom for becoming a better leader. Carlos has assembled a well-rounded list after years of learning from aspirational leaders (and occasionally learning the hard way). Some of the lessons are even inspired from his time on the football field.
- Embrace discomfort and ambiguity.
- Be intellectually inquisitive and flexible.
- Listen to learn, not to respond.
- Spend more time strengthening and leveraging your strengths.
- Be willing to lose a little in order to gain a lot.
- Be your best self.
- No fancy title required.
- Perfection is not necessary nor possible.
- Be willing to do the things that others won’t do.
- Do and pursue things that scare you!
Plus, Carlos shared one last piece of advice, “Sometimes you have to go through to get to.”
Thanks for sharing this sage advice, Carlos!