The Greenville Chamber’s Business Advocacy program advocates on behalf of the Upstate business community, and educates business leaders about public policy issues relevant to their business. We have two full-time government affairs professionals that stay on top of the action in Congress, the Statehouse, and City Hall. We focus on the political issues facing business, so you can focus on running your business.
The Greenville Chamber is a pioneer in advocating for local businesses on all levels of government. Our full-time business lobbyists:
• work to prevent anti-business legislation
• advocate for pro-business legislation through our legislative agenda
• research and develop solutions to address business concerns
• work closely with other business advocacy organizations to look out for the best interests of our investors, and
• send out to call-to-actions for investors to influence public policy
While most of our attention is spent working with the South Carolina General Assembly, we also work closely with our local governments and with our Congressional delegation.
To ensure the business community has a strong voice, we also work to educate business leaders about the issues. We:
• have four issue-based committees where Investors can interact with decision-makers
• send regular email updates on public policy topics and news
• blog regularly about issues, advocacy, and ways to get involved
• conduct the annual Upstate Political Leadership Institute for members of the business community interested in running for public office
• hold quarterly events that get you face-to-face with political leaders, and
• run at least two in-depth summits on policy topics a year.
UPSTATE CHAMBER COALITION
The Greenville Chamber also leads the Upstate Chamber Coalition, a business advocacy coalition of 13 Upstate chambers of commerce. These chambers encompass 8,000 members and more than 200,000 employees, making it one of the largest pro-business advocacy groups in the state. For more information on the coalition, please visit www.upstatechamber.org.
To get involved with one of our committees, or to learn more about what we do, please contact:
Vice President of Business Advocacy
THANK YOU TO OUR BUSINESS ADVOCACY SPONSOR